Wikipedia has this to say about our sport....
" In Great Britain there is an end of season tradition of cycling clubs promoting hillclimb time trials in October, for small cash prizes. The hills tend to be relatively short, usually taking between three and five minutes to complete, and the races attract many spectators, including locals not otherwise interested in cycling, who come to watch the pain in the faces of the competitors "
Here's a few tips on how to best enjoy your day.
1. Racing starts at 2pm.
2. There is ample parking at the top of the hill in Clarks Lane on the verges.
3. Please be very careful when crossing Clarks Lane into the event road closure.
4. Children are welcome and will love the atmosphere.
5. Dogs are welcome, although please keep on a short lead.
6. The tea stall sells rolls, cakes, tea and coffee throughout the event.
7. Please only use chalk to mark the road.
8. Air horns, flags, inflatable animals are all encouraged.
9. REMEMBER - THE MORE NOISE YOU MAKE, THE FASTER THEY GO!
Enjoy your day.