2012 Season Planning..... 10 Reasons to join the Bec
29th December 2011
Ladies, Gents, Club mates.... Welcome to the 2012 season.
Hopefully you've all enjoyed the 'off' season, eaten too much and are now desperate for the good weather to come back so that you can get out riding. Well perhaps you'll be thinking that over the next couple of months. To wet you appetites for the new season I've updated the web site calendar so you don't miss a thing. All the links you need for your diaries are below.
- List of events counting towards 2012 Club Time Trialling Awards
- Herne Hill Track Calendar
- Starting on the 24th April the Crystal Palace Circuit Calendar
- Closed circuit racing at Hillingdon
For new and old members alike here's my prediction for the best bits of next season.....
10 Best things to do with the Bec in 2012
1) Winter Club Runs - 2-3 hour rides group rides. A chance to practice group riding skills and get some winter miles in.
2) Good Friday Track Meet (6th April)- This is traditionally the first time in the year to go fast. Blast round the track in front of the crowds, or watch the pro's putting us amateurs to shame. Oh, and one event the wife and kids will enjoy being invited along to.
3) Club Road Race (6th May) - Once again everyone will be needed to help run this big race.
4) Southern Counties 25m TT (22nd Apr)- Event on our local fast G25/53
5) Club Open 25m Time Trial (8th July) - Regular 'fast' days on our local course. As well as riding, we all need to pull together to assist with promotion of this one.
6) Olympic Road Race (28th July)- This will probably be the best day of the year. Gather on Boxhill (secret location to be confirmed), in club colours and cheer on the worlds elite.
7) Southern Counties 50m TT (24th June) - 2hrs of pain!
8) Southern Counties 100m TT (5th Aug) - 4hrs of pain!! (plus a bit....)
9) Hill Climb Weekend - Including season finale Bec Open Hill Climb (14th Oct)
10) Club Luncheon (18th Oct)- Get drunk, and big time it about how great your season has been.